Video Protection Software : Copy Protect Video
CopySafe Video Protection provides the most secure video protection on the planet. Copy protected videos are safe from all copy and with DRM applied they are protected from sharing and unauthorized distribution.
CopySafe Video can be distributed by email, download and on disk for desktop viewing
with DRM. Or they can be displayed on web pages
with user access
managed by CMS membership. Desktop reading is the preferred option employed by most authors because DRM
enables total control over all aspects with immediate effect on any changes made,
even on video already saved to a user's computer or still out in the
wild on disk.
NOTE: While Copysafe Video is the best solution for protecting video for desktop viewing, and it can also be used to copy protect video displayed on web pages. However for online viewing from web pages, the ArtistScope Site Protection Software (ASPS) is a much better solution because it does not require encryption and is supported across more computer platforms. So anyone serious about displaying video online, for online tutorials where the livelihood of the authors is at stake, needs the most robust security but with flexibility to stream video from anywhere while using any embedded player available for CMS such as WordPress or Moodle. See How To Copy Protect Live Video Streams.
CopySafe Video Protection Features
- Encrypt video for desktop reading with optional DRM or online web page display.
- Prevent all copy including PrintScreen and screen recording.
- Almost no file size increase after encryption.
- Caters for all video types up to 1GB and more.
- Online DRM portal account included for free without limitation.
- Sell from our online book store for automated purchases/subscriptions.
- Track sales and usage per document and subscriber.
- Online Book Cover Design tool integrated with your DRM account.
- One-time software purchase - free support and upgrades for life.
CopySafe Video DRM Features
- Optional watermark overlays the user's ID, name and date.
- Watermark color, size and position configurable per video.
- Watermark position options include random shift.
- Limit by number of views per user.
- Expire by calendar date or by hours/days from first use.
- Limit usage to 1-3 computers per subscriber with computer lock.
- Enable access by group or evideo (individual) permissions from sales.
- Whitelisting of users via group or video settings.
- Assign multiple groups via group and user settings.
- Enable tokens for offline DRM.
- Immediate effect for all permission changes on downloaded video.
DRM Protected Video For Desktop vs Protected Video Online
While many site owners and web developers seem to prefer publishing video on web pages, online viewing has limitations that most have seemingly overlooked:
- Whether viewing on the desktop or online, the video is always downloaded to the user's computer. So online viewing is NOT more secure in this respect all. The only difference is that when downloading the user can save to a folder of their own choice, whereas with online viewing the video is saved to the browser's cache folder.
- When a video is downloaded it is then viewed as a local file. Whereas with online video the file may need to be downloaded each time a user opens it, depending on their cache settings, which browser they are using and/or the cache settings of their Internet service and the website.
- Videos for desktop will always load faster and are not dependent on the user's Internet connection or the bandwidth allowed to the server. Whereas online video needs to be downloaded before it can play and while normal video can use buffering, buffering applied to protected video that is encrypted will always suffer pauses, the frequency of which and their duration will be affected by the user's connection and the available memory of the user's computer.
- DRM for desktop video provides total control over all aspect with immediate effect on any changes made. Click to evaluate a demo DRM account.
- For online video protection see the ArtistScope Site Protection Software (ASPS) and How To Copy Protect Live Video Streams.
Video Watermark For WordPress, Noodle, Joomla and Drupal
For sites using the popular CMS like WordPress, Moodle, Joomla and Drupal, CopySafe Video can be displayed online with a watermark populated by the users details. For example, if using WordPress and Moodle for your LMS, then users are most probably need to log in before viewing their lessons, in which case their user ID, name and date will be used for the watermark. If not logged in, then their IP address and date are used for the watermark. Plugins are available for each of those CMS to manage watermarking and from the plugins settings page, the font size, font color, transparency and position in the player window can be set h at applies to all new page displays. Once saved, the individual pages can be set for different watermark settings to better suit the video being shown. The CMS plugins scan be downloaded further down the page.
Who benefits the most by using CopySafe Video?
Anyone whose living depends on sales from views of their video. Whether it is for online courses or pre-release product review, preventing
copy, sharing and unauthorized distribution is needed to protect the livelihoods
of everyone's invested interest. Copy protection for video cannot get better
than CopySafe Video.
Download CopySafe Video Protection Software
Here you can download the free Video Player and a trial version of the
|CopySafe Video Encoder 7||Download||28.6 Mb|
|CopySafe Video Player 7||Download||22.1 Mb|
|CopySafe Video Player 6||Download||21.8 Mb|
Unlicensed the CopySafe Video Encoder is fully functional but creates video
files with a fixed watermark for "ArtistScope". For online display the sample file be limited to viewing from http://localhost.
CopySafe Video Protection DRM Trial
Here you can evaluate our DRM portal for free for 14 days. Click to create a
demo DRM account now.
Unlike our demo DRM portal for PDF where you can
upload your own PDF for evaluation, the DRM portal for video
requires uploads for substitute token files to avoid uploading of
huge video files. Unfortunately such token files can only be created
when the CopySafe Video Encoder is licensed. So the trial version of
our DRM portal for video does not allow uploads. However you can
still create a DRM account to evaluate the ready-made videos
assigned to you by way of "group" permissions.
For evaluation of our DRM for video, try downloading and viewing a demo video while using the computer assigned to your demo account. Your demo account will have access rights to view the demo videos. But other computers will not have access. If you only have the one computer try sending the video to a friend with instructions for installing the CopySafe Video player. But don't be surprised when you find that they cannot open and play the video.
CopySafe Video Protection Demos Online
While most authors prefer to distribute protected video for desktop viewing with DRM applied, some do insist on keeping their users on their web site by displaying their protected video on their web pages. For that purpose we provide add-ons for most popular CMS such as Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, and WordPress that greatly simplify the task. The ArtisBrowser 30.0 will be required to visit these demo sites:
CMS Plugins for CopySafe Video Protection
These free add-on plugins will enable you to upload and display copy
protected video on your web pages from your online page editor:
CopySafe Video Protection Tutorial Videos
CopySafe Video Protection Licensing
Unlike other services that charge an annual support fee, charge for software upgrades and charge for anything else they can think of or plagiarize, ArtistScope provides copy protection solutions to protect the livelihood of artists and authors for for life. Included for free in each purchase of CopySafe Video is:
- Free support by email for life.
- Free software upgrades for life.
- Free use of the DRM portal to manage an unlimited number of groups, subscribers and videos.
- Free use of the CopySafe online store to advertise and sell your video. Sales are integrated with your DRM account to add new subscribers from successful purchases. There is no commission payable on sales. All you need is a PayPal account.
- Free use of the online video cover design tool that is integrated with your DRM account and online store.
Each license includes free support and upgrades for life, the DRM Portal service for free without limitation, use of our online book cover design tool and the promotion/sales of video without limitation in our online book store free of commission.
The licensing for the CopySafe
software is per computer (the one used to
encrypt your video). The order form
will automatically calculate the discount
for multiple licenses.
That the CopySafe Video Player is free to redistribute to your users without any
limitations. It is only the encryption software (the CopySafe Video Encoder) that needs to be
licensed. Both the Player and the Encoder are supported on all 32-bit and 64-bit
computers from Windows XP to Windows 10.
Frequent Questions and Answers
- How does CopySafe Video compare to other secure video solutions?
Other solutions are not secure at all when compared to CopySafe Video which provides the most secure protection from all copy, prevention of sharing and unauthorized distribution that cannot be extracted in any way.
- Can CopySafe Video be viewed in other media players?
No. The only player that can open CopySafe Video is the CopySafe Video Player which is how it can provide the most secure video solution on the planet, with total control management over all aspects and immediate effect on any changes made from your DRM control panel.
- Can the CopySafe Video Player be branded?
No. Reputation counts for a lot these days and it is the ArtistScope branding that has the best reputation, especially when code-signed and designed to be as generic looking as possible.
- Can the CopySafe Video Player be distributed with my videos?
Yes. The CopySafe Video Player is a free download to the public. However we recommend giving your susbscribers the link to download it direct from our web site so that they can always get the latest version.
- Can CopySafe Video be distributed in an executable player?
No. Distributing executable viewers is something that we innovated only to learn soon after that it posed problems as later versions were released that caused conflicts and errors. It is always best to distribute individual videos that can be read in the CopySafe Video Player which can be updated as and when necessary.
- Does CopySafe Video increase the file size of the video?
No. Although the video is encrypted to the nth level and cannot be decrypted by any application except the Copysafe Video Player, the file size of the original document does not increase.
- Is CopySafe Video licensing a one-time fee or are there other costs?
Licensing for the CopySafe Video Encoder software is a one-time fee that includes use of the online DRM portal for free for life.
- What type of files can be protected by CopySafe Video?
Most types of video files can be encoded for CopySafe Video.
- Is it necessary to be online to open a DRM protected video?
Yes and no. It depends on the video author may or may not extend DRM to offline use via Tokens.
- Can I use CopySafe Video with DRM in an intranet or corporate network?
Yes. The CopySafe Video DRM software can be purchased and installed on your Windows server making your DRM service completely in-house and independent.
- Can CopySafe Video be displayed on web pages?
- Publishing for desktop viewing vs web page viewing?
While web page display of protected video may seem like a good idea, it is not as secure as desktop viewing which can use DRM. Also, for web page viewing only the ArtisBrowser can be used. Most online courses use the desktop viewing option with DRM applied because not only is it very much more secure by preventing sharing, authors can distribute by email, download and on disk while maintaining TOTAL CONTROL over all aspects with immediate effect on any changes made, even on videos still out in the wild or already saved to a user's computer.
- Can CopySafe Video be viewed on all devices and OS such as phones?
No. Windows is required. However Mac can install the CopySafe Video Player by running Windows in a Parallels partition.
- Are there plans to extend CopySafe Video support to other OS?
Not possible. All non-Windows OS are useless for real copy protection because they cannot prevent copy at system level and cannot reliably identify the user's machine to properly enforce DRM. Authors publishing their intellectual property for such devices do so at their own peril.