Copy Protect Video Extension for Joomla
extension enables the insertion of CopySafe
Video files into
Joomla posts and pages from the Joomla
Without this module adding HTML to activate
a browser plugin would be an arduous task, even for experienced web
developers. But that task has been greatly simplified.
Simply upload the protected video file that was created by the CopySafe Video Encoder, nominate the protection settings to use, then the editor will place the generated shortcode at the cursor position. Your protection settings can be modified at any time by simply editing the shortcode in HTML view.
- Copy protect videos displayed online.
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen capture software.
- Videos cannot be retrieved from browser cache.
- Domain-locked videos cannot be displayed elsewhere.
- Videos stored on the server are safe from webmasters.
- Encrypted videos cannot be downloaded or scraped.
How this Joomla Extension Works
When editing a page or post, you may insert the short code by clicking on the [Video] icon above the HTML editor toolbar where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing video class file (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security and display settings:
|Width||Width in pixels of the video viewing area|
|Height||Height in pixels of the video viewing area|
|Allow Remote||Prevent computers using remote or virtual access|
Default Settings for this Joomla Extension
Default settings can be applied to all CopySafe Video pages and posts. You can also select from 3 modes, which can be changed at any time:
|Demo Mode||Allows use of the Module without requiring a CopySafe Video license|
|Licensed||For users with the CopySafe Video software for encrypting images|
|Debug Mode||Displays the HTML for object tag instead of displaying the image|
CopySafe Video Licensing
The CopySafe Video Encoder enables the encryption of videos for desktop viewing and distribution by email, download and disk with copy protection options and the ability to assign DRM control. It can also encrypt protected video for display online, from a web page, using the web browser plugin included with the ArtisBrowser.
Every CopySafe Video Encoder license provides for unlimited use and includes free DRM hosting to manage subscribers. But it does not include licensing for online display using Domain Lock. If the Encoder is unlicensed videos may be limited to 2 minutes play time and can only be viewed from http://localhost. ArtistScope polices the use of domain lock in CopySafe Video by requiring registration for each web site.
CopySafe Video Plugin Detection
When CopySafeVideo is used on a web page, if a visitor does not have the CopySafe Video browser DLL installed for Artisbrowser, they are redirected for download and install instructions. This Joomla Module includes everything needed for this task including download and error pages.
Download the CopySafe Video Extension for Joomla
The download file below is a self-extracting ZIP file which contains joomla_copysafe_video.zip, which is the package to upload to your website. Also included in the main ZIP are the install instructions.
|Verified for Joomla 3.9||3.5 Mb||Download|
Install Instructions For Joomla
Video Tutorial: How To Copy Protect Video on Joomla Web Pages
- Download the extension to your local machine
as a zip file package and unzip to produce:
- From your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions -> Extension Manager.
- Click the Browse button and select the pkg_copysafevideo.zip file on your local machine.
- Click the Upload File & Install button. It will say that "Installing package was successful."
- From the Extension Manager Page, click Manage on the left sidebar, then in the Search Field, Input "video" to find all of the CopySafe Video extensions.
- Enable All the CopySafe Video extensions...
- Add "class" to the allowed
* must be in alphabetical order and both lowercase and UPPERCASE
CopySafe Video Extension Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the module's default settings:
- Demo : This option will add a placeholder image at the designated location.
- Licensed : To use encrypted video created by the CopySafe Video software.
- Debug : Use this option to check the HTML code that is added.
To edit these settings, go to Components > CopySafe Video and change to licensed mode if you have the CopySafe
Video software to create encrypted video for upload. ArtisBrowser is the only browser that should be allowed unless your users are using another browser that still supports NPAPI plugins.
Using the CopySafe Video Extension
1. On the edit article, click on the [Video] CopySafe Video Button in the editor's toolbar (or at the bottom of the editor), this will open a popup window.
2. On this popup window, you can upload and embed CopySafe Video protected video in your current article. When inserting a protected video object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor.
3. You can upload new video class files or select from a list of already uploaded video class files. After selecting a video class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
- Set width and height of the video player window.
- Enable or disable the option viewing by computers using remote or virtual connections
Note that you can only upload protected video that have a [vid.class]
You can create encrypted video from the demo version of CopySafe Video Encoder (click to download). Until you have CopySafe Video software and a protected video file you can use the protected video provided in the extension package.
Managing Protected Video in Joomla
Protected video can be set to display in a predefined area that you can nominate in your page settings.
CopySafe Video files can be added at the last position of the cursor by clicking the [Video] button.
Once the image is selected, you can then nominate settings to apply to this particular page or post. The above default settings are applied to all CopySafe Video pages and posts.