DRM Server for PDF Access Rights Management
For intranets and corporate networks, our DRM server for CopySafe PDF can be purchased and installed by ArtistScope.
By owning your own DRM server you can have it customized to suit your own design theme and security policy rather than use those provided by our free shared service.
Requirements & Install
Full install by ArtistScope
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 or 2016 is required.
- IIS needs to be installed to manage your site.
- We will configure the web site if required.
- We will install all necessary DLLs and services.
- We will install Microsoft SQL Server and database.
- We will customize security policy to your requirements.
- We will customize the design for your corporate image.
- Admin access via a Remote Desktop Connection or TeamViewer will be required.
Administrator access will be
required for installation. It is not
recommended to install this service on
server that provides terminal services. The
server should be a dedicated or at least a
virtual server (from $10/month).
When installation is complete we store a backup of the site and database for quick repair if ever needed.
What gets installed on your server is exactly the same as what is used on our DRM server.
Demo DRM Trial
Although limited as a demo user, here you can evaluate our DRM portal for free for 14 days.
The CopySafe PDF DRM portal will enable you to upload and convert a variety of document formats for copy protected distribution. Although limited as a demo, you can still experiment with the different protection settings and send test documents to friends to see how effective the prevention of copy, sharing and unauthorized distribution really is.
Click to create a Demo DRM account now.
Full DRM Trial
Purchase DRM Server for Video
Each CopySafe PDF license includes the DRM Portal service for free for life.
Frequent Questions and Answers
- Can our own developers install this service?
No. It would take a month of Sundays to provide the needed support whereas our expert can install and configure overnight.
- Can it be installed on Apache web servers?
No. It needs to be a Windows sever as we are installing and running Windows software as a service (SAS).
- Which Windows servers are suitable?
Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2 will be ideal. One install on Windows XP Pro is apparently still in service. Basically, any Windows OS that can enable IIS Server & Management tools, even Windows 10 Pro version.
- Why use Microsoft SQL Server?
Microsoft SQL Express is free and most secure. Access databases are no longer recommended on later Windows servers as they are less secure, limiting and slow.
- Can this service be installed for use on a Terminal Server?
No, subscribers need to use a separate computer. Users might try to open protected documents on the server which will suspend the SQL service. Besides, DRM is applied per computer so users sharing the same computer cannot be managed properly.
- Can this server be totally self-sufficient, as in an intranet?
Yes. Your documents will have the "home" to refer to for access permissions embedded inside the document.
- Can this server cater for both intranet and Internet subscribers?
Yes. Please discuss this with your network administrator.
- Is licensing a one-time fee or are there other costs?
Licensing is a one-time fee. However if you break it or your server fails then you may need to pay the installation fee to restore from any backup that you may have or the one that we stored at the time of the initial installation.
- What type of files can be uploaded and converted?
PDF only. The ArtistScope DRM server caters for a variety of different file types but the third party licensing for the extra components amount to another $2,000.