Copy Protect Video Plugin for Moodle
This module enables the insertion of CopySafe Video
Moodle posts and pages from the Moodle
page editor. Without this module adding
HTML to activate a browser plugin would be an arduous task, even for
experienced web developers. But that task has been greatly
Simply upload the protected video file that was created by the CopySafe Video Encoder, nominate the protection settings to use, then the editor will place the generated shortcode at the cursor position. Your protection settings can be modified at any time by simply editing the shortcode in HTML view.
- Copy protect video files displayed online.
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen capture software.
- Videos cannot be retrieved from browser cache.
- Domain-locked videos cannot be displayed elsewhere.
- Videos stored on the server are safe from webmasters.
- Encrypted videos cannot be saved or scraped.
How this Moodle Plugin Works
When editing a page or post, you may insert the short code by clicking on the [Video] icon above the HTML editor toolbar where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing video class file (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security and display settings:
|Width||Width in pixels of the video viewing area|
|Height||Height in pixels of the video viewing area|
|Allow Remote||Prevent computers using remote or virtual access|
CopySafe Video Licensing
The CopySafe Video Encoder enables the encryption of video files for desktop viewing for distribution by email, download and disk with copy protection options and the ability to assign DRM control. It can also convert copy protected video for display online, from a web page, using the web browser plugin included with the ArtisBrowser.
Every CopySafe Video Encoder license provides for unlimited use and includes free DRM hosting to manage subscribers. But it does not include licensing for online display using Domain Lock. If the Encoder is unlicensed videos will be limited to 2 minutes playing time. ArtistScope polices the use of domain lock in CopySafe Video by requiring the registration of each web site (fee applies).
CopySafe Video Plugin Detection
When CopySafe Video is used on a web page, if a visitor does not have the browser DLL or ArtisBrowser installed, they are redirected for download and install instructions. This Moodle plugin includes everything needed for this task including download and error pages.
Download the CopySafe Video plugin for Moodle
Moodle cannot install automatically as three (3) pages need to have code added manually and this module also requires a special editor module for the TinyMce toolbar. The step by step instructions are included in the readme and PDF user-guide.
|For Moodle version 3.5||799 Kb||Download|
Install Instructions for Moodle
The packages and install instructions are very different between Moodle versions, mainly because the tiny_mce editor changes between version. Each package includes a readme.txt and user-guide in PDF format that will provide specific instructions.
CopySafe Video Plugin Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the plugin's default settings:
- Demo : This option will add a placeholder image at the designated location.
- Licensed : To use encrypted video created by the CopySafe Video software.
- Debug : Use this option to check the HTML code that is added.
Using the CopySafe Video Plugin
Once this plugin is installed, you can add CopySafe Video to your courses and pages from the inbuilt HTML editor. When adding new content by creating a new resource as a "page" you can work without layout limitations and display the video at any size that you desire. However when adding new content by adding a resource for "CopySafe Video" you may be limited on the size that can be displayed, in which case you may have to modify your Moodle templates to increase the width/align position in your respective theme CSS.
Adding CopySafe Video to Web Pages
- On the edit article, click on the [Video] CopySafe Video Button at the bottom of the Editor, this will open a popup window.
- On this popup window, you can upload and embed CopySafe Video protected video in your current article. When inserting a protected video object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor at the cursor position.
- You can upload new video class files or select from a list of uploaded files.
After selecting a video class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
- Set width and height of the video player window.
- Enable or disable the option viewing by computers using remote or virtual connections
Note that you can only upload protected video that have a [vid.class]
You can create encrypted video files from the demo version of
CopySafe Video Encoder (click
to download). Until you have CopySafe Video software and a protected video you can use the
protected video packaged with this plugin.