CopySafe Web for DNN (DotNetNuke)
module enables the insertion of CopySafe
Web images into DNN posts and pages from
the DNN page editor. This DNN module is provided
for free, but the CopySafe Web software
requires licensing for your web site to
- Copy protect images displayed on web
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen
- Images cannot be retrieved
from browser cache.
- Domain-locked images cannot be
- Images stored on the
server are safe from webmasters.
- Encrypted images cannot be saved or scraped.
How the DNN Module Works
When editing a page or post, you may insert the short code by clicking on the [C] icon above the HTML editor toolbar where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing
image class file (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security and display settings:
|| Width in pixels of the
|| Height in pixels of the
| Border Frame
||Add a border to the image
nominating frame thickness and
||Add a clickable link to the
image and nominate target frame
||Enable protection from Print
Screen and screen capture
||Disable use of web browser
||Prevent access to computers
using remote or virtual
Default Settings for this DNN Module
Default settings can be applied to all CopySafe Web pages and
posts. Most useful for corporate networks and others who need to
limit access to certain types of web browsers, the default
settings page allows you to nominate which ones you want to
allow. Any browsers not qualifying will be redirected. You can
also select from 3 modes, which can be changed at any time:
| Demo Mode
|| Allows use of the
without requiring a CopySafe Web
|| For users with the
CopySafe Web software for
| Debug Mode
|| Displays the HTML for
object tag instead of displaying
CopySafe Web Licensing
While this CMS add-on is free, the encrypted
images to upload need to be created by the
CopySafe Web software.
CopySafe Web Version Detection
When CopySafe Web is used on a web page, if a visitor does
not have the browser plugin or
ArtisBrowser installed, they are redirected for
download and install instructions. This DNN Module
includes everything needed for this task including download and
CopySafe Web module for DNN (DotNetNuke)
The download file below is a self-extracting ZIP file which
contains the installer file and the install
|| Tested to DotNetNuke 7
|| 452 Kb
|| Tested for DotNetNuke 9
Install Instructions For DNN
- Download the module to your local machine as a zip file package.
- Unzip the download file to produce
- Log in as
a Superuser or Admin.
- Go to Home > Extensions
and click "Install Extension Wizard".
the "CopySafeWeb_2-0-0_Install.zip" from
your computer for upload.
- Follow the prompts
until install is completed.
CopySafe PDF DNN Module Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the module's default settings:
- Demo : This option will add a placeholder image at the designated
- Licensed : To use encrypted images created by the CopySafe Web
- Debug : Use this option to check the HTML code that is added.
Using the CopySafe Web DNN Module
- On the edit article, click on the [C] CopySafe Web Button at the bottom of the Editor, this will open a popup window.
- On this popup window, you can upload and embed a CopySafe Web
protected image in your current article. When inserting a protected image object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor.
- You can upload new image class files or select from a list of already uploaded class files.
After selecting an image class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
- Enable or disable protection from PrintScreen and screen
- Enable or disable the viewing by computers using remote or
- Enable or disable use of browser menus.
- Enable or disable use of the keyboard.
*Note: that you can only upload protected image that have a [.class]
Until you have a CopySafe Web
software license and real
encrypted images, or if you just
want to use this Nuke module in
demo mode to add protection from
right-mouse click and
drag-and-drop, you can use the
encrypted image included with
the download or
this one. While this 20 x 20
pixel image may not be
registered for your website on
the Internet, it will function
on any test server running at
localhost. When prompted to
upload or select your first
image, you use this one to get
CopySafe Web encrypted images
can be be displayed at their
original size (calculated from
the file name) or they can be
rescaled by setting width and
height in the shortcode.