Copy Protect PDF Module for DNN
module enables websites using DNN to
upload, display and manage pages to
display copy protected PDF documents
created by the CopySafe PDF software.
This DNN module is provided for free,
but the CopySafe PDF software requires
licensing. To display on web pages a
further license is required for domain
- Copy protect eBooks and PDF
documents displayed online.
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen
- Documents cannot be retrieved
from browser cache.
- Domain-locked documents cannot be
- Documents stored on the
server are safe from webmasters.
- Encrypted documents cannot be saved or scraped.
How this DNN Module Works
When editing a page or post, you may insert the short code by clicking on the [PDF] icon above the HTML editor toolbar where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing PDF class file (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security and display settings:
|| Width in pixels of the PDF
|| Height in pixels of the PDF
| Print Count
|| Enable printing and/or
limit number of prints
| Print Anywhere
|| Restrict printing to
virtual or hard-wired
| Allow Capture
|| Enable protection from
PrintScreen and capture
| Allow Remote
|| Prevent computers using
remote or virtual access
|| Set the language used in
|| Set color in the
unused area of viewer window
Default Settings for this DNN Module
Default settings can be applied to all CopySafe PDF pages and
posts. Most useful for corporate networks and others who need to
limit access to certain types of web browsers, the default
settings page allows you to nominate which ones you want to
allow. Any browsers not qualifying will be redirected. You can
also select from 3 modes, which can be changed at any time:
| Demo Mode
|| Allows use of the
without requiring a CopySafe PDF
|| For users with the
CopySafe PDF software for
| Debug Mode
|| Displays the HTML for
object tag instead of displaying
CopySafe PDF Licensing
CopySafe PDF Protector enables the encryption of PDF documents
for distribution by email, download and disk with copy protection options and
the ability to assign DRM control. It can also convert protected PDF for display
online, from a web page, using the web browser plugin included with the CopySafe
PDF Reader. Such documents encrypted for online use do not need to be domain
locked. However, domain locking is most recommended to prevent their display on
Every CopySafe PDF Protector license provides for unlimited use and includes free
DRM hosting to manage subscribers. But it does not include licensing for online
display using Domain Lock. If the Protector is unlicensed documents distributed
for local viewing will include a watermark and documents displayed online with a
Domain Lock will not be secure. ArtistScope oversees the use of domain lock in
CopySafe PDF by requiring the registration of each separate site (fee applies).
CopySafe PDF Version Detection
When CopySafe PDF is used on a web page, if a visitor does
not have the reader module or
ArtisBrowser installed, they are redirected for
download and install instructions. This DNN Module
includes everything needed for this task including download and
CopySafe PDF module Downloads
The download file below is a self-extracting ZIP file which
contains the installer file and the install
Install Instructions For DNN
- Download the module to your local machine as a zip file package.
- Unzip the download file to produce
- Log in as
a Superuser or Admin.
- Go to Home > Extensions
and click "Install Extension Wizard".
the "CopySafePDF_2-0-0_Install.zip" from
your computer for upload.
- Follow the prompts
until install is completed.
CopySafe PDF DNN Module Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the module's default settings:
- Demo : This option will add a placeholder image at the designated
- Licensed : To use encrypted PDF created by the CopySafe PDF
- Debug : Use this option to check the HTML code that is added.
Using the CopySafe PDF DNN Module
1. On the edit article, click on the [PDF] CopySafe PDF Button at the bottom of the Editor, this will open a popup window.
2. On this popup window, you can upload and embed CopySafe PDF
protected PDF in your current article. When inserting a protected image object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor.
3. You can upload new image class documents or select from a list of already uploaded class files. After selecting an image class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
*Note: that you can only upload protected PDF that have a [.class]
- Enable or disable protection from PrintScreen and capture.
- Enable or disable viewing by computers using remote or virtual connections.
- Enable or disable printing or set a print count.