Copy Protect PDF Module for DNN
module enables websites using DNN to upload, display and create web
pages that display copy protected PDF documents created by the
CopySafe PDF software. Without this module adding HTML to activate a
browser plugin would be an arduous task, even for experienced web
developers. But that task has been greatly simplified.
Simply upload the protected PDF file that was created by the CopySafe PDF Protector software, nominate the protection settings to use, then the DNN editor will place the generated shortcode at the cursor position. Your protection settings can be modified at any time by simply editing the shortcode in HTML view.
- Copy protect eBooks and PDF documents displayed online.
- Safe from PrintScreen and all screen capture software.
- Documents cannot be retrieved from browser cache.
- Domain-locked documents cannot be displayed elsewhere.
- Documents stored on the server are safe from webmasters.
- Encrypted documents cannot be saved or scraped.
How this DNN Module Works
When editing a page or post, you may insert the short code by clicking on the [PDF] icon above the HTML editor toolbar where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing PDF class file (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security and display settings:
|Width||Width in pixels of the PDF viewing area|
|Height||Height in pixels of the PDF viewing area|
|Print Count||Enable printing and/or limit number of prints|
|Print Anywhere||Restrict printing to virtual or hard-wired printers|
|Allow Capture||Enable protection from PrintScreen and capture|
|Allow Remote||Prevent computers using remote or virtual access|
|Language||Set the language used in toolbar messages|
|Background||Set color in the unused area of viewer window|
CopySafe PDF Licensing
The CopySafe PDF Protector enables the encryption of PDF documents for desktop reading and distribution by email, download and disk with copy protection options and the ability to assign DRM control. It can also convert protected PDF for display online, from a web page, using the web browser DLL included with the ArtisBrowser.
Every CopySafe PDF Protector license provides for unlimited use and includes free DRM hosting to manage subscribers. But it does not include licensing for online display using Domain Lock. If the Protector is unlicensed documents distributed for local viewing will include a watermark and documents displayed online with a Domain Lock will not be secure. ArtistScope polices the use of domain lock in CopySafe PDF by requiring the registration of each site (fee applies).
CopySafe PDF Plugin Detection
When CopySafe PDF is used on a web page, if a visitor does not have the browser DLL and ArtisBrowser installed, they are redirected for download and install instructions. This DNN module includes everything needed for this task including download and error pages.
Download the CopySafe PDF Module for DNN
The download file below is a self-extracting ZIP file which contains the installer file and the install instructions.
|Verified for DotNetNuke 7||511 Kb||Download|
|Verified for DotNetNuke 9||577 Kb||Download|
Install Instructions for this module
- Download the module to your local machine as a zip file package.
- Unzip the download file to produce "CopySafePDF_2-0-0_Install.zip"
- Log in as a Superuser or Admin.
- Go to Home > Modules and click "Install Module Wizard".
- Select the "CopySafePDF_2-0-0_Install.zip" from your computer for upload.
- Follow the prompts until install is completed.
CopySafe PDF Module Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the module's settings:
- Demo : This option will add a placeholder image at the designated location.
- Licensed : To use encrypted PDF created by the CopySafe PDF software.
- Debug : Use this option to check the HTML code that is added.
Using this CopySafe PDF Module
1. On the edit article, click on the [PDF] CopySafe PDF Button at the bottom of the Editor, this will open a popup window.
2. On this popup window, you can upload and embed CopySafe PDF protected PDF in your current article. When inserting a protected image object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor.
3. You can upload new image class documents or select from a list of already uploaded class files. After selecting an image class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
- Enable or disable protection from PrintScreen and capture.
- Enable or disable viewing by computers using remote or virtual connections.
- Enable or disable printing or set a print count.
*Note: that you can only upload protected PDF that have a [.class]