ArtistScope Portable Media : Concerns about offline viewing

You cannot post Forum | Search |  Register | Login

Kendo

Group : Authors

Posted On: 2016-12-26 at 16:29

I require to share MP4 and PDF files as a downloadable package for offline viewing. I intend these files to be safe from being shared in an any manner.

Following are my concerns regarding my requirement:

1. is there any cap or an upper limit to the maximum file size that I can share at a time (eg 600 MB) using APM or is it available for unlimited usage?

2. can my files be copied or shared across if I do not implement DRM? The files will definitely be password and time line protected. But how will my files be protected from copying in case I do not implement DRM.
How will APM suffice in this case? I do not want my files to be shared on more than one computer at a time. Does APM suffice in this case and prevent copying?

3. in case I do implement DRM, will my clients require to download my content from the ArtistScope browser itself? Or is the browser to be used only by me and not necessarily for my clients?

4. does DRM protect only PDF files or videos formats also?

5. in addition to all the above points, how to I prevent screen capture/video screen recording for my OFFLINE content once shared to the client? Does APM help in this case for offline viewing?

Support

Group : Admin

Posted On: 2016-12-26 at 16:42

Kendo Wrote:
1. is there any cap or an upper limit to the maximum file size that I can share at a time (eg 600 MB) using APM or is it available for unlimited usage?

There is no limit to file size, however it does depend on the resources of the computer being used to view the content. But on a modern computer 600 Mb should not be a problem. If in doubt, download the APM Packager and test for yourself.

Kendo Wrote:
2. can my files be copied or shared across if I do not implement DRM? The files will definitely be password and time line protected. But how will my files be protected from copying in case I do not implement DRM. How will APM suffice in this case? I do not want my files to be shared on more than one computer at a time. Does APM suffice in this case and prevent copying?

Without DRM applied, the APM file can be shared and redistributed to anybody. But if DRM is applied to the APM file then no user can open it without a Token file provided by the APM file's author. Sharing then does not become a problem because only those computers with a matching Token will be able to open and view the APM file's content.

Kendo Wrote:
3. in case I do implement DRM, will my clients require to download my content from the ArtistScope browser itself? Or is the browser to be used only by me and not necessarily for my clients?

If DRM is applied your user's will need to use the ArtistScope web browser because other web browsers do not support copy protection in nay way whatsoever so cannot be recommended/allowed.

Kendo Wrote:
4. does DRM protect only PDF files or videos formats also?

DRM protects the APM file from sharing and unauthorized distribution. The APM file can display any type of media that can be displayed in a web browser, ie: displayed on a web page.

Kendo Wrote:
5. in addition to all the above points, how to I prevent screen capture/video screen recording for my OFFLINE content once shared to the client? Does APM help in this case for offline viewing?

APM provides DRM and an encrypted archive that can only be opened with an access Token and the ArtistScope web browser. When the content inside the APM file is on display it may be possible to screen capture if you do not use a Copy Protection solution with APM, ie: Copysafe Web for images, video and web pages; and Copysafe PDF for for PDF documents.

facebook
twitter
email