ArtistScope Portable Media : Some questions about Access Tokens

You cannot post Forum | Search |  Register | Login

Kendo

Group : Authors

Posted On: 2016-12-18 at 16:12

1. Is the author's email sent to each user an automatic process or does he have to create or write individual emails to each user purchasing a file?

2. What is the recommended process for creating APM files as an offline alternative to Copysafe PDf files which require online validation?

3. As for the naming of APM files, that is hopefully handled by the program when the file is uploaded. I know I read that the author must create different files with extensions that contain size or end with .txt, etc. but all of this has to be made as easy as possible for the people who post files, starting off with me.

Support

Group : Admin

Posted On: 2016-12-18 at 16:22

Kendo Wrote:
1. Is the author's email sent to each user an automatic process or does he have to create or write individual emails to each user purchasing a file?

The author has the option of sending email to the subscriber every time a new Token is created and every time an existing Token is edited. Same applies to adding new users... just like with Copysafe PDF and Ebook tokens.

On each web form look for the option to "Send email" with a checkbox.

Kendo Wrote:
2. What is the recommended process for creating APM files as an offline alternative to Copysafe PDF files which require online validation?

In your case you need to package each PDF as an APM file. Hopefully the same naming structure will be maintained so you have:

a. 100000_lesson_one.enc
b. 100000_lesson_one.apmf

Then if the user does have a token assigned for the .apmf then when they look at their list of documents there can be a column for "offline" and a link to collect/download.

Kendo Wrote:
3. As for the naming of APM files, that is hopefully handled by the program when the file is uploaded. I know I read that the author must create different files with extensions that contain size or end with .txt, etc. But all of this has to be made as easy as possible for the people who post files, starting off with me.

The APM Packager will help with this as it uses the same file name filtering to remove/replace unwanted characters. Once you have the name correctly input and run the Packager, it will also create a .txt file of the same name with some data for the upload process.

Is is the .txt version of the file that you need to upload to the APM Portal, and not the original .apmf file which could be 4-200 MB and pose problems because of its size.

facebook
twitter
email