10.0 Command-line use
The image converter software encrypts images for display on web
pages for use in both ActiveX and Java security viewers.
The image converter is a Pure java application and will run on
ALL Windows computers. The output web pages can be viewed in all
web browsers across all platforms.
The image converter can be used from the Desktop as a normal desktop
application, in silent mode using a command line interface, or via
web pages using the DLL interface.
The computer running the converter requires Java 1.5 or later.
Copy the "ArtistScope" folder to your computer. If using a server
environment it is recommended to install at C:\ArtistScope.
The command line converter (CMD) uses ProDefaults.dat for default
settings such as the watermark image to use, etc, if those options
Before running CMD in command line mode you need to set the ProDefaults.dat
file for your default settings.
1. Run the Windows GIU by double clicking on the JAR file
2. Add an image
3. Highlight the image and click the Configure button
4. Run through the wizard for Targeted Link
5. Set Watermark for Mac and Linux only
6. Set watermark image (watermark.gif in the same folder as the
7. Click Finish
8. With the image still highlighted click on the Protect button
9. Select the output folder and click Open
10. The converter will save all new files to that location
11. Close the converter GUI and select YES to "Save new settings"
The ProDefaults.dat now contains your default settings.
COMMAND LINE USE
The Encrypted Image Server DLL is designed for high end users, those
encrypting images in volume for deployment on the fly. The image
converter will encrypt single images or batches of images nominated
by folder. The recommended parameters to use are:
- Targeted Link as nominated display style
- Watermark image to use
- Background and text colors
- Border size if required
The parameters to use in the command line:
-i <input folder> or -f <input file>